Thursday, March 15, 2012

INTRODUCTION

"See Emily Play" by Anita Inverarity

On FACT AS FICTION, I intend to create short stories based on my inadvertent day-to-day encounters with odd people and absurd situations.

The Statue of Liberty cries out "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free".  Apparently, I pulsate an aura of "give me your mentally unstable, your pathologically addicted, your shuffling masses yearning to divulge the details of their lives".

Suffice to say, I've been privy to many strange truths.

By merging these facts with fiction until the two are beyond differentiation, I will try to provide you with tales that are humorous, intimate, and best of all: ever-so-slightly larger than life.  As a writer, I am extremely excited about this project.  It is an opportunity to join a vast community of like-minded individuals (writer-types, not crazy-magnets), a way to expand beyond privately kept journals, and a way to grow as a story-teller and a person.

On the other hand, I might only succeed in drawing hordes of anonymous and vicious internet denizens like rotten meat draws carrion flies.  Well, a nice thick skin is nothing to scoff at I suppose...


No comments:

Post a Comment